Position: Software Developer/Engineer
Pangaea Information Technologies, Ltd. is an established Chicago based business specializing in data driven analysis
to power business decisions. Pangaea leverages artificial intelligence, statistical, and geospatial analysis tools and
technologies on big data in real time to provide their clients with the required information and analyses to improve and
enhance their decision making processes. Pangaea is the developer of the GUARDIAN real time disease surveillance system
and the National Guardís Joint Incident Command System.
Pangaea Information Technologies, Ltd. is seeking a software developer to join our solution development team. The ideal
candidate has proven experience in the design, development, deployment and support of web-based, database-driven applications.
We work in small teams leveraging the experience and mentorship of the lead SW architects but also embracing and encouraging
ideas from all levels. We are non-hierarchical organization that embraces entrepreneurial values, new technologies and problem
solving using innovative approaches. As a member of our team, you must be confident and comfortable taking ownership of projects
and design and develop elegant and stable software for a variety of clients in the public and private sectors. You should
have a solid understanding of all aspects of web development, database modeling and design, and scalable web architectures.
You will be involved in all phases of the software lifecycle, from requirements to design, development and deployment.
This is a full time salaried position.
- Develop elegant web applications from the database layer to the service layer to the front end, depending on skills
- Take ownership of projects from start to finish, working with project managers and clients to ensure schedule and deliverables are met.
- Be responsible for the quality of your code with thoughtful design, unit testing and automated functional testing
- Focus on usability throughout the stack, from maintainable code through end-user UX
- Participate in and contribute to peer code reviews
- Educate yourself on the latest technologies and how we can leverage these technologies to continuously improve our development process.
- Bachelor's or Masterís Degree in information technology, computer
science or related field
- 2-5 years application development experience
- Demonstrable experience with .NET development
- Strong experience with SQL Server and T-SQL Programming
- Strong technical knowledge of SQL and data analysis
- Ability to work in short-cycle, team oriented environment, managing multiple priorities and tasks
- Proven requirements gathering and long- term solution development experience
- Strong attention to detail, communication skills, both verbal and written, are required
- Ability to take ownership and develop innovative solutions
- Self-starter that works well in a small team environment
- Ability to provide references
- Experience developing in Python
- Experience with Java development, Java frameworks and tools including MVC, Spring and Hibernate
- Experience developing in SharePoint
- Experience with NoSQL databases
Pangaea offers competitive compensation and benefits packages, which include 100% employer sponsored employee
healthcare plan, dental plan, 401(k), profit sharing, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and paid
holiday/vacation. Pangaea is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only, please submit your resume to: email@example.com.
No recruiters please.